Capcom has released their financial reports from the fiscal year from April 1st, 2011 to March 31st, 2012, revealing a 16% decrease in net sales compared to last year. March’s Street Fighter X Tekken has yet to meet Capcom’s expectations, as the game moved 1.4 million units as opposed to the 2 million copies it was projected to sell. Street Fighter IV is still Capcom’s best-performing fighter of this generation, having sold a total of 3.1 million.
Below is a list of which Capcom fighters have reached platinum status, courtesy of Shoryuken. See a trend here?
1. Street Fighter II – 6.3m
5. Street Fighter II Turbo – 4.1m
8. Street Fighter IV – 3.1m
17. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – 2.0m
18. Super Street Fighter II – 2.0m
22. Super Street Fighter IV – 1.8m
26. Street Fighter II’ Plus – 1.65m
36. Street Fighter x Tekken – 1.4m
50. Super Street Fighter IV 3D – 1.1m
54. Street Fighter Alpha 3 – 1.0m